October 31, 2014
Printable PDF task sheet.
Printable PDF of the questions.
- What determines the proper amount of fuel to be delivered?
- What is a benefit of fuel injection over carburetion? Extra point if you list more than one.
- Define volatility and how octane effects it.
- Why are there added ingredients in gasoline?
- Explain the difference between pre-ignition, ignition, and detonation.
- Why don't fuel injected engines experience dieseling?
- Explain how the lambda value effects the air-fuel ratio.
- Define density as a quantitative value. Give an example.
- When an engine is cold, in this case, what has to happen to get it running?
- Where does an electric fuel pump live?
- What is a relay? Draw one.
- What are the three different types of EFI systems? In detail, compare and contrast them.
- Draw both an analog and digital signal.
- List at least tree inductive sensors.
- List two thermistors.
All six tabs under EFI Fuel Supply System.
The first tab under Gasoline Fuel System Principles.