March 09, 2015
Review the following power point and answer the accompanying questions.
Printable PDF of the questions.
Printable PDF of the power point.
- What is Ohm's Law? Label and describe each part of the equation.
- What can be measured with a DVOM?
- What function(s) on the DVOM will be interrupted if the fuse blows?
- What does the user need to be aware of when the AUTO function is used on the DVOM?
- Why do we need to understand the sample rate of a DVOM?
- What do the ports in the DVOM determine?
- What are the advantages of using an oscilloscope over a DVOM?
- What is the biggest difference is DVOM set up when taking a voltage measurement vs an amperage measurement?
- What are we REALLY measuring when we do a voltage drop test?
- Why should we use a voltage drop test to determine the resistance in a circuit?
- What is an excessive amount of voltage drop?
- You have found a fuse that continuously blows. What do you expect the resistance to be in this circuit?
- Interpret the DVOM reading of "OL".
- List at least 3 advantages of using an oscilloscope over a DVOM.
- Draw and label a detailed reading of a good ignition coil found on an oscilloscope.