October 31, 2014
Please complete the following.
Printable PDF of the questions.
- Clearly articulate the role of the master cylinder.
- How are calipers self adjusting?
- Why do discs cool faster than a drum?
- Why do you think discs are more prone to noise?
- What is the difference between a fixed and sliding caliper?
- What are the functions of the square cut seal?
- Why do the caliper slides need lubricated?
- Define the coefficient of friction. Use an example.
- If a car had pads with a low coefficient of friction, what would stopping be like for the driver?
- What are installed to help eliminate brake noise?
- What is the advantage of having a vented rotor?
- What is the composition of rotors and pads?
- Why might slotting and drilling not be a good idea on brake rotors?
- Explain the difference in the different types of parking brakes used in disc brakes.
- List at least three safety concerns when working on disc brakes.
Do the CDX section Disc Brakes and Components and score a ten.
- Review the following video.
- How did they determine the brake job was done inaccurately?
- Review the following video and be prepared to use the lathe on Wednesday.
- You will be expected to complete the Pro-cut training later in the class! This involves their proprietary, online assessment.