October 09, 2014
- Answer the questions associated with the pptx. Some of the questions cannot be answered with the pptx, but could be with either the CDX text, or CDX online.
- Once finished, submit for a homework grade.
1. What happens when the driver pushes on the pedal?
2. Explain how different sized cylinders will effect the amount of force.
3. Which brake fluids can be innerchanged?
4. How do we test brake fluid for sufficient contamination?
5. How is brake fluid properly stored?
6. What is hygroscopic and why is it important to understand what it is?
7. What does a master cylinder do, and where is it in a vehicle?
8. What material are brake lines?
9. What is the difference between brake lines and hoses?
10. In detail, what is a banjo fitting? The picture provided is not that good. Find a picture of one on the internet.
11. Explain the function of each:
- Proportioning valve
- Metering valve
- Combination valve
13. What supplies the advantage for brake boosters to operate and where are they found of a vehicle?
14. If the brake booster didn't operate properly, what would the driver experience? Explain.
15. If there was a hydraulic leak, what would the driver experience? Explain.
- Please complete the CDX Hydraulic Components Section and the Topic Group Quiz.
- The standard for the remainder of the course is a score of a ten on the quiz.
- All of the work, the tool posters, the pptx questions, and the CDX quiz must be finished before the end of class October 10th.