October 14, 2014
- What are the different kinds of flares used ONLY for brake lines?
- What are their names?
- What is the composition of brake lines?
- Why is a clean, square cut good to start with, BEFORE flaring?
- Why do we de-burr the line before making a flare?
- In detail, explain all of the things that go wrong with flaring a brake line?
- Do you need to flare brake hoses?
- Why do you need special tools to bend brake line? What will happen if you don't use a special tool?
- What will happen if you, as the technician, make and install a bad brake line?
- What would you have to do as a service manager in a situation where your technician has installed a bad line or line with a bad flare?
Is there mention of a proportioning valve? If so, draw one and explain its operation.
What is the electrical device from the top of the valve? Would that make this a mechanical light, or a light that requires a CAN?