Review the following power point and answer the accompanying questions.
Printable PDF of the questions.
Printable PDF of the power point.
March 09, 2015
- After the steering wheel, what is the input to the steering system?
- What are the main parts of a steering system?
- What are the two main types of steering systems? Draw and label the anatomy of each.
- What is the primary application of rack and pinion steering?
- What is the primary application of parallelgram steering?
- Why is the parallelgram steering more complicated?
- List the different kinds of power steering assist.
- Where can electronic power steering assist be found in a vehicle?
- What are the main problems found in steering? Why?
- Many ball and socket components can be found in automotive applications. How would we inspect these components? What part of your body most closely resembles this part?
- Why would a worn pitman arm cause premature tire wear?
- What does SRS mean?
- Why do modern automobiles' steering columns have a collapsible section?
- What provides the electrical bridge from the steering wheel controls or airbag, to the rest of the vehicle?
- What are the inspections we need to perform on a steering system to ensure its proper operation?